Re: S3 savage on potato

At 20:04 5/8/2001 +1000, Sam Varghese wrote:
I have a new PC here that has some form of S3 Savage video onboard, which
isn't supported by XFree86 3.3.6, but apparently is supported under version 4.

I am running Debian 2.2r3 (potato), which only supports XFree86 3.3.6 -- it
seems that XFree86 4 is in testing/unstable.

Has anyone tried running potato with XFree86 4 from testing and what gotchas
are there?

Alternatively, am I better off just upgrading to testing/unstable?

XF86Setup has four flavors of S3 Savage4 on the Card list, and one of them worked for me. I had more problems adjusting the modelines for my SyncMaster 15GLi than selecting the Video Card. If you want, I can send you my XF86Config, but I think you can make it if you run XF86Config. No need to upgrade do 4.0.

Good luck!

-Vítor

Vítor Estêvão Silva Souza
vitor.souza@terra.com.br