From: Michael Heldebrant [mailto:Heldebrant.Michael@mayo.edu]
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 4:08 PM
To: Stephen Nosal
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: RE: dist upgrade potato to woody 2.2 to 2.4 kernel

I'm interested to see if that fixes it.  I'm not sure why you would need
the ramdisk but I'm sure it's there for a reason.
Making kernels the debian way is actually really easy.  Then you can
install the new kernel as a package and remove etc like a package.  Get
fakeroot and kernel-package.  Making kernels is as easy as one command
(after config of course).  You can even try and get the .config from the
precompiled kernel so you only have to edit a few things.

--mike
On 06 Aug 2001 15:10:28 -0400, Stephen Nosal wrote:
> Mike -
>
> so the initrd showed up in the kernel-image package along with
instructions.

> Perhaps I should try this again and see if I'm missing something.
Otherwise,

listmaster@lists.debian.org