From: Michael Heldebrant [mailto:Heldebrant.Michael@mayo.edu]
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 1:04 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: RE: dist upgrade potato to woody 2.2 to 2.4 kernel

Not sure how to make one.  There should be a faq somewhere.  What do you
need in it is the real question.  Maybe you can steal it from the root
disk from the installation set.  I checked the initrd man page and I'm
still wondering how to use it.  I'm also still confused why you don't
want to compile your own kernel.

--mike
On 06 Aug 2001 12:49:09 -0400, Stephen Nosal wrote:
> so, is it possible that the standard build requires a ramdisk, but if you
> 'roll your own' it is not necessary?
>
> If the above is true, and I wish to install the standard build kernel, how
> do I go about putting together this ramdisk and configuring it correctly?
is

listmaster@lists.debian.org