Re: yahoo chat client err

	Subject: yahoo chat client err
	Date: Sun, Aug 05, 2001 at 07:52:23PM +0530

Quoting harsha(harshu@hd2.vsnl.net.in):
> hi,
>    When I try to launch ymessenger it gives this error message.
>
> Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkfont.c: line 220 (gdk_font_ref): assertion `font != NULL' failed.
> Segmentation fault
>
>   I think I am missing a required package but I don't know which. I
> would really appreciate if somebody tell me this.

I did not realize that 'Yahoo chat' was a debian package.  I see it
isn't, so have you asked yahoo?

You failed to mention what you tried to resolve your problem.  Other
then asking us, what have you tried?

Have you checked to the home site of the package?
Have you checked google.com?
have you tried ldd /dir/of/non/debian/package/ymessenger?

I like helping people who, at least, try to help themselves.
--
COBOL programs are an exercise in Artificial Inelegance.