sites not responding

First off, it's *NOT* that ECN thing, I didn't put it in the kernel.

And it's not a DNS issue, or the site's problem (well, it *could* be)
because (arg) it works in windows. And it shouldn't be my iptables
setup, since the only thing there is a single masquerade rule (I
haven't really started to mess with this yet. :)  Anyway-

www.pbs.org won't connect. Neither will www.newscientist.com. There's
probably others, these are the only ones I've noticed, or the ones
I've noticed since I realized they weren't just down. Traceroute on
www.pbs.org gets to what seems to be their gateway, and dies.

I'm at a loss. Can anybody think of some other reason this is
happening?

Mike McGuire