Re: code red goes on

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 05:30:12PM +0000, John Griffiths wrote:
> on the 20th of the months the infected machines are all going to launch a denial of service attack at a web-server somewhere (last time was the IP address of the whitehouse but that mor, or may not, have changed)

I have it from a reliable source in the local LUG that one strain of
code red (and, based on his observations, it's the strain which is
currently most active) has been modified to DOS 255.255.255.255.
Flooding the broadcast address seems like something which could easily
take a network segment down...

--
With the arrest of Dimitry Sklyarov it has become apparent that it is not
safe for non US software engineers to visit the United States. - Alan Cox