X Problems

I can't figure out just what package is causing this problem.

I noticed it first when i got branden's 4.1.0-pre5 X packages and
installed them. every once and a while the screen would just freeze. if
I Ctrl-Alt-F1 to a console and then return to the F7 (X) terminal it is
back to normal. After a few times of this (with the pre5 packages) X
would hard freeze the computer. After having that happen about twice
I just forced the removal of all the 4.1.0 packages i could find from
dpkg -l | grep 4.1.0-pre5 and reinstalled 4.0.3 from the unstable
repository. that worked wonderfully.

no i have the same problem with the unstable 4.1.0 debs! it has not hard

frozen on me. but it seems that the times when i have to switch to
console become more frequent as time goes on. and then the display just
showed a bunch of horizontal lines. (pinkish brown) and i could get to
my console, but that was also cursed by lines (blue).

So i wrote this email.

What can I do, and what package can i send a bug report on?

Thanks,
David

P.S.

I run a voodoo banshee (tdfx) card