Re: CD-Rom Probs

	Subject: CD-Rom Probs
	Date: Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 02:11:21PM +0200

Quoting William Leese(william.leese@nl.danzas.com):
> Hello list,
>
> I'm having some trouble getting my cdrom drive to work with linux.
>
> Through dmesg I've learnt that it's /dev/hdc however when I try to mount it
> with

Does dmesg show a CDROM device at /dev/hdc?
> mount /dev/hdc /cdrom

Is /dev/cdrom symlinked to /dev/hdc?

> I receive error message:
>
> /dev/hdc is not a valid block device.

Do you have cdrom support compiled into the kernel?
If compiled as a module, did you insmod the driver?
Do you have iso9660 filesystem support?

--
Flon's Law:
  There is not now, and never will be, a language in which it is