Re: Where to go from here

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 01:41:34AM -0400, Colin Bell wrote:
> When I state in the sources.list file that apt can look in the unstable tree it seems to automatically tell itself to remove a whole bunch of packages.  I'm really getting bitter.  I know I could just go to Redhat and grab that and install it but this is a labour of love.  I see the power of apt and dselect I just don't know how to harness it.  Maybe I'm just supposed to grab single debs off the net, I don't know.

if you have a set of CDs, use apt-cdrom, list the
CDs in your sources.list and install a set of packages
which you want. then update them using ftp

after that, comment out the lines in sources.list,
type apt-setup and create a sources.list with
download sites. run apt-get update and apt-get upgrade.

sam

--
(Sam Varghese)
http://www.gnubies.com