Fetchmail question

While downloading my email via fetchmail this evening, when it was trying to
get the first message from my mail server, I got an error message that said
"nameserver failure while looking for 'neutral.verbum.org' during polling of
[my.mail.server].  I would just assume that my mail server was inaccessable
if mine were the neutral.verbum.org, but it's not.  That's what has me
perplexed.  Why would this show up if it's not my mail server?  (as a side
note, the message it couldn't retrieve was one from the debain-devel mailing
list, but I didn't see that server listed anywhere in there, either)

Thanks for any help,
Jeremy