Re: can't install task-ximian-gnome

Pietro Cagnoni wrote:

I followed the instructions in ximian's website but trying to apt get
install task-ximian-gnome tells me that apt couldn't find that package...
does anybody has had this problem and how to fix it?

IIRC you had to append to /etc/apt/sources.list the line

deb http://red-carpet.ximian.com/debian stable main

did you run "apt-get update" after that? did it complain about the new
line?

pietro.

As far as I know from reading this list you are running into trouble when using Ximian Gnome. It is recommendet to use the Debian Gnome packages.

Frank