Re: upgrade to testing now ppp not working

	Subject: Re: upgrade to testing now ppp not working
	Date: Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 11:15:08PM -0400

Quoting Jeff Maxson(jbmaxson@surfglobal.net):
> On Wed, 1 Aug 2001 carol@chilledout.worldonline.co.uk wrote:
> > Has anyone else had a problem with ppp dial up after upgrading to testing?
> > Everything was working fine, now when I use 'PON', the system dialls and connects fine but then there is no more activity (send or receive).
> yes!  thank you.  I have also had this problem, though I found that if I
> try to "pon" as root it works.  I used to just be ok until I updated my
> testing version the other day.  I look forward to the fix...

ISTR that when I upgraded to woody I had the same problem, root could
dial but not a user.  Checked /dev/ttyS0, my modem port, and found it
was root root, changed it to root dip ,it worked, and promptly forgot
about it.
In English, every word can be verbed.  Would that it were so in our
programming languages.