Re: PPPoE +Debian ?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: PPPoE +Debian ?
- From: Chris Halls <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 09:19:46 +0200
- Message-id: <20010802091946.A9013@localhost>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 11:21:41AM -0700, Adam Shand wrote:
> first make sure your ethernet adapter is setup and does *NOT* have an ip
> address. this works for me (note: i have not yet found a way to enable
> the ethernet device to work to talk to local devices *and* to work with
> the pppoe driver. it works under windows but not under linux that i can
On my Woody install I have had no problems at all getting pppoe to work
over an active ethernet connection. I have a small 10Mb hub with all my
machines connected, and the DSL cables comes in there too. Not very
elegant, but it definitely works. I've been using 2.4.x kernels.