Re: using convert to batch convert

># for i in *.gif; do convert -sample 50% $i
${i%.gif}.png

>...or even this, if he wants to keep gifs:
${i%.gif}_s.gif

>The former changes foo.gif to foo.png, the latter to
foo_s.gif. Yay.
>May need quotes if there's spaces, may need some work
in ridiculous
>cases, etc. It took me forever to find this, and I
was actually
>looking for it because there were things that DOS
could do
>(like ren *.doc *.txt) that I couldn't figure out how
to do in
>Linux / bash. :)  I think I found it in a script
since man bash is a
>little incomprehensible. Take a look if you're brave.
:)

>Mike McGuire

Wow! I've been using Linux for a year, and even from
the first week I
have been trying (without success) to figure out how
to do exactly
that (ren *.doc *.txt). I have still not succeeded.
I'm not great at
Bash shell programming and I apologize for my
ignorance, but please
Mike, reveal the shell script you use to do this.

TIA,
Chiu Miaoling