Re: can't dselect just do what it's told??

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 11:57:23AM -0400, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
>     Ok, is "recommends" "requires" now? I can't seem to resolve dependencies
> in dselect unless I agree to "recommends" when they are supposed to be
> optional.
>
>     I think I'll stick with apt-get. Unless I'm doing something wrong?
>
>     htdig recommends httpd
>     apache provides httpd
>
>     I don't want to install apache, but dselect won't resolve the conflict
> even though it's only a "recommends".

That's just dselect ... it's rather insistent about recommends.
Here's what you do ...

in the conflict resolution screen, unslect stuff you don't want to
install (like apache), then hit 'Q' instead of enter.  dselect
interprets this as "yes, I really mean it, don't force recommends on
me".

HTH,

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.