help: mutt doesn't want to send email to ip addresses

hi all,

mutt doesn't want to deliver mail to addresses which use an ip address.

in other words, my system is dirac.org at address 64.164.47.8.  i can send
email to p@dirac.org, but any email to p@64.164.47.8 gets bounced as
"unrouteable mail domain".

i'm pretty sure that pine was able to deliver to addresses like
p@64.164.47.8.  perhaps it's just a .muttrc thing.

can someone please help me?  i'd really like to be able to send email to
addresses like p@64.164.47.8.

(when replying to spam, often all i have is an ip address.  i'd rather not
take the time to use nslookup to get a host/domain name from an ip address).

thanks!

pete