Re: How to update/upgrade libc6?

Jason Majors <jason@whizzird.net> writes:

> Assuming you have testing or unstable (wherever it is) in your

Wrong assumption.  He said he was running 2.2r3.

> On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 12:35:07PM -0700, Joern T. Larsen scribbled...
> > I am running Debian 2.2r3, and need to update/upgrade libc6 from

> > modutils, usbutils etc).  How do I do that without messing up the
> > system and lose password files etc?

I don't think you can do that safely without upgrading to woody.
Upgrading your libc6 will break a lot of packages.

Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good
      courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed; for
      the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou
      goest."                        Joshua 1:9