Re: mp3 players?

On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 08:49:41PM +0200, tempsch@telia.com wrote:
> On 28 Jul, Michael Perry wrote:
> > You can now get a 20g (!) version or get one you bought earlier
> > upgraded.  All it has in it is a laptop hard drive and a usb
> > connection.
>
> Why limit yourself to a measly 20G? ;-) There are 48G laptop drives
> available now... There's a guy with 2x48G in his empeg (now Rio) car
> player... not cheap in any way...

Probably because it needs a 9.5 mm thick drive, which, up until very
recently, maxed out at 20g.  At least, that's the case with the Archos
players.

Back to the subject at hand, the Archos HD players work nicely under
2.4.x kernels if you apply patches from http://bjorn.haxx.se/isd200/ .

HTH

dave t.

--
Dave Thayer           | If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about
Denver, Colorado USA  | cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all