Re: Where to put Latex packages?

On 30 Jul 2001, Glyn Millington wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> Running 2.2 r3 here.  I want to install some Latex packages that didn't
> come with the distribution. If I install them in /usr/local then Latex
> can't seem to find them  (after running texhash of course ;-).
>
> Is there a "Debian way" of handlng this or a special Debian place for such
> packages?
>
> TIA
>
> Glyn
> --

I installed my extra latex packages in /usr/local/lib/texmf/ (making
appropriate directories as needed) and then did the following:

	texhash
	cd /tmp
	initex latex.ltx
	[Ignore any warnings about the sources being too old]
	mv latex.ltx /var/lib/texmf/web2c/

This worked for me.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Debian GNU/Linux (Windows-free zone).
For electronic books (Homeomythology and The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical

Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.
                                            [Montaigne]