Re: PPP hangup

On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 07:13:18PM -0400, JakeCatfox@aol.com wrote:
> Hi, I'm having a problem with PPP. I set up my connection to NetZero using
> pppconfig, and then type pon NetZero to connect. After it's done connecting,
> it pauses about 30 seconds, and then hangs up. There's no output to the
> console. I've tried PAP, CHAP, and CHAT, but none of them work. Does anyone
> know what I'm doing wrong?

Are you using the free version of netzero? If so, AFAIK it requires a
specific windows client to show you the banner ads. Maybe the paid
version also requires the windows client and just supresses the ads.

HTH
dave t.

--
Dave Thayer           | If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about
Denver, Colorado USA  | cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all