Re: Maestro3 Won't Work

Deven,

> I've compiled a new kernel with support for the Maestro3 .. I turned that on,
> turned off all other sound cards, and turned ON Sound card support, but my
> system doesn't find anything at boot related to sound. I can't run ESD (it
> tells me there's no /dev/dsp.) I know I have a Maestro because when I
> originally installed Debian, I chose Maestro3 as a driver and it worked fine.
> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Which kernel version?  And did you compile the Maestro3 driver as a
module or build it into the kernel?

Chris
--
Christopher S. Swingley         930 Koyukuk Drive
System / Network Manager        University of Alaska Fairbanks

phone: 907-474-2689             fax: 907-474-2643
email: cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu    GNUPG and PGP2 keys at my web site
  web: http://www.frontier.iarc.uaf.edu/~cswingle