Re: Only binaries?

On Sun, 29 Jul 2001 17:24:37 +1000
Sam Varghese <sam@gnubies.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 12:25:01PM +0530, Gurusami Annamalai wrote:
> > BTW,  what does this "Potato" signify?  Is it like each distribution
> release
> > will have such a name and that
> > saying "Potato" release will mean 2.2 r0?  Or is there any other
> > significance for this?
>
> All releases of Debian are named after characters from Toy Story.
> Potato is Mr Potatohead. The earlier release @.1) was named Slink,
> the previous one Hamm etc. The forthcoming one (3.0) is Woody and
> the one after that Sid.

I understood that Sid was never meant to be a release name, but always the
codename for the current unstable distribution? IIRC this policy was
instituted together with the testing distribution (currently Woody).
If I have it all correct, this would mean that after the release of Woody
as the new stable distribution, the new testing will get another codename,
not Sid, right?

Mart

--
'Quoth the mailserver: 554!'