Re: debian 2.2 rel 3 and wvdial

Rajesh Fowkar saw fit to inform me that:
>Hi,
>
>Since I installed debian 2.2 r.3 I am facing this problem. Earlier on 2.2 it was
>working fine.
>
>Problem is. I am using wvdial to connect to the net.
>When I first time connect to the net using wvdial DNS is not working. However if
>I disconnect and than reconnect again everything seems to work fine. Can anybody
>point out where the problem lies. I have to daily connect twice now. Otherwise
>since DNS is not working I can not send mail nor can I browse.
>
>I have put the following in /etc/ppp/options
>
>usepeerdns
>
>it works fine. After connecting it creates /etc/ppp/resolv.conf. I have created
>a link /etc/resolv.conf which points to /etc/ppp/resolv.conf.

I forgot to mention one thing. Now I am on 2.4.7 kernel and I have upgraded my
ppp and modutils from sid.

rajesh@debian:~$ dpkg -l | grep ppp
ii  ppp            2.4.0f-1       Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) daemon.
ii  pppconfig      2.0.5          A text menu based utility for configuring pp
rajesh@debian:~$

rajesh@debian:~$ dpkg -l | grep modutils
ii  modutils       2.4.1-1        Linux module utilities.
rajesh@debian:~$

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards

Rajesh Fowkar                       rfowkar@yahoo.com
Kurtarkar Nagari,Bldg-C,T4,         http://rajesh.computers.webjump.com
Santacruz,Ponda-Goa-403401-INDIA    Powered By : Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 R-3
				    Kernel 2.4.7,Mutt 1.3.19i,IceWM 1.0.8-6
"Silence is the true friend that never betrays." - Confucious