Re: Chronically broken package - bugs? In tetex-bin AND apt-get?

No dia 27/07/01, 13:10:07, dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> escreveu o seguinte sobre
o tema Re: Chronically broken package - bugs? In tetex-bin AND apt-get?:

> On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 01:24:16PM -0300, Henry Lebowzki wrote:
> | Hello-
> | I'm sorry if I sound hysterical, but I have reasons for concern. In
> | fact, I'm truly desperate: it has been over a three months that I try
> | tackle this problem whenever I have some time.
> | I was never able to use TeX on my potato, because the package somehow
> | got "broken". And I mean *badly* broken. In dselect, it appear as *RI,
> | which means that I should reinstall it.

> TeX is a really complex sytem and I don't understand even a fraction
> of it.  I do know that the potato packages (maybe woody now, I don't
> remember if they changed at all) worked on my system.  Try removing it
> (apt-get remove --purge tetex-bin) and then re-downloading it and
> installing it.  You may need to force the removal (--force I think).
> You could also try finding which package has that file that is missing
> and install it just to have the file, or simply create the file so
> that the error goes away (or edit the script as Joost suggested).

> -D
Hi D-
	Thanks for helping. Maybe my  post was a bit too large, but I've tried
all that...
	Thanks anyhow.