Re: abiword testing on stable system

on Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 06:04:57PM +0000, joe golden (jg1024@hotmail.com) wrote:
> Anyone running abiword testing version on a stable platform?
>
> I'd like the better version on the stable platform.

Alternative suggestion:  download latest (or desired) version from
AbiWord, and install it under /usr/local.  You can use the 'stow'
package to manage such non-distro software if you chose.

If you're just running a desktop, and are discouraged by the lag in
packaging for Debian/stable, I'd encourage looking at either unstable or
testing.  While I'd recommend stable for servers, you'll probably find
the other tracks more than acceptable for personal use.  This is far
preferable than trying to track both stable and unstable for different
packages, though tools to do so are now emerging.

Cheers.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>      http://kmself.home.netcom.com/
 What part of "Gestalt" don't you understand?         There is no K5 cabal