Re: Free x-server for windows 9x, ideas?

On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 05:27:11PM -0700, nico de haer wrote:
| Hi all,
|
| I'm looking for a nice X server to run on my windoze box, as my server does
| not have a monitor anymore....
| I found "MicroImages X Server" but it's old and i don't like it that
| much....
|
| Requirements:
| 1) Plays nice with Debian Linux (potato)
| 2) Freeware, nag-free shareware, GPL?
|
| Ideas?

XFree86 was ported to cygwin.  I didn't have any luck getting it to
work though.  I use the trial version of XWin32 from StarNet.  I have
an older version so I get to use it for 2 hours before it shuts down.
Then I can start it again for another 2-hour session.  If you want I
can send it to you (a while ago I found a new version, but it only
allowed for a 30-minute session so I've stuck with the old version).

-D

PS.  When you start a new thread it is a good idea to create a new
     message instead of replying to an existing, yet unrelated,
     message and quoting all of it.