of Debian potato 2.2r3 using the kernel 2.2.19pre17 which comes as the
default on that release.

Kernel =  Linux version 2.2.19pre17 (herbert@arnor) (gcc version 2.7.2.3)
          #1 Tue Mar 13 22:37:59 EST 2001

I have tried loading the hisax module on two different Eicon Diva 2.01
ISDN cards. One of these is the ISA version which has been properly set up
by the isapnputils and gives the following reply on isapnp:

Board 1 has Identity ba 00 01 ce 06 a1 00 89 1c:
      GDI00a1 Serial No 118278 [checksum ba]
      GDI00a1/118278[0]{EICON DIVA 2.01 S/T ISA}:
      Port 0x200; IRQ10 --- Enabled OK

The /etc/modules.conf has the following definition for the ISA card:

### update-modules: start processing /etc/modutils/hisax
options hisax io=0x200 irq=10

### update-modules: end processing /etc/modutils/hisax

The other is a PCI version of the same card which gives the following
reply on lspci:

00:0a.0 Network controller: Eicon Technology Corporation:
        Unknown device e005 (rev 01)

However when I load the hisax driver I get the following message on dmesg:

HiSax: Linux Driver for passive ISDN cards
HiSax: Version 3.5 (module)
HiSax: Layer1 Revision 2.41.6.1
HiSax: Layer2 Revision 2.25
HiSax: TeiMgr Revision 2.17
HiSax: Layer3 Revision 2.17.6.1
HiSax: LinkLayer Revision 2.51
HiSax: Approval certification failed because of
HiSax: unauthorized source code changes

This is the same on both cards. There is no registering of a card as shown
in the hisax documentation in the kernel source. The hisax driver is
loaded, and remains loaded in the kernel as shown by the lsmod output:

hisax                 425376   0  (unused)
isdn                  107704   0  [hisax]
slhc                    4376   0  [isdn]

This suggests that HiSax has not dropped out due to the source code
changes in the Debian version of the driver.

Can anyone tell me what is going wrong here, and how I can fix it?

Many thanks in anticipation,

Helen McCall