Re: Reading a Sylpheed mailbox

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 08:05:38PM -0700, Craig Dickson wrote:
| Sam Varghese wrote:
|
| > I need to read an inbox from Sylpheed in any
| > common Windows mail program.
|
| Sylpheed's mailboxes are in the MH format. Each mailbox is a directory

Ahh, there's the key - knowing the format.

| and each message is a single file. The files are numbered, representing
| their order in the mailbox (which is not really important, usually).
| The format of each message is simply the RFC-822 (or whatever the latest
| revision is) standard email message dumped to a file.
|
| I don't know what Windows mailreaders support MH mailboxes, but this
| information may help you to find a solution.

Mutt supports MH and runs on windows (with cygwin).  I haven't tried
MH myself, though (I use mbox).  Also, IIRC, gnus supports MH and
since emacs runs on windows I expect that it would work as well.  Of
course, neither of these are particularly well-suited for the owner of
the mail.  However, one could probably use these (or exim or postfix
or something) to convert from MH to mbox format so that owner of the
mail can use her MUA of choice.

HTH,
-D