Re: I have a problem with a ethernet card

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 09:57:27PM -0300, Pablo A. Masciotta wrote:
| I have a 3com Etherlink III ISA Card on my Celeron A 350Mhz and i are using
| the 3c509 module to load the card on my linux, like i do in the RedHat
| distro. But... the module go fine and it´s configure all the card but....
| when i ping an IP number the card send data, but, no recive any package.
| How i can repair it??? I try many things but... nothing can repair it

What do 'ifconfig' and 'route' say after you have loaded the module?
What does /etc/interfaces look like?  What happens when you try and
run 'ifup eth0'?  In terms of configuring the network, Debian is
nothing like RH -- you don't have 'netcfg' and 'linuxconf' to do the
dirty work for you :-).

HTH,
-D