/dev/fd0u1743 help

Hello.

I have a firewall based on fireplug, and am looking at migrating to coyote
linux.  I would like to extract my config files from fireplug, so that I
may catalog my IRQ settings, etc. in my system logbook.  To my dismay, I
do not have a /dev/fd0u1743 entry, and my attempts to make such have not
been terribly successful.

I tried
 mknod /dev/fd0u1743 b 2 77
to install such, but this is apparently wrong, and resulted in not being
able to mount the device at all, let alone correctly.  How do I determine
which major and minor numbers to use?

Thanks in advance,
Mike