i810 AGP Video Card LockUps w/XFree86!

	I am attempting to get potato to run on a machine with an onboard
i810 (Intel) video card. I installed potato onto a blank system, installed
the SVGA X server, and installed the necessary agpgart.o module. Before
testing the X server, I compiled a new 2.2.19 kernel and then compiled the
agpgart.o module against that. I got the source for that module from the X
Strike Force web page (Debian XFree86 info page).
	I configured the XF86Config file as instructed and fired up
Xwindows. At first everything appeared to work fine. I was able to run at
1152x864 at 24 bit color w/o a problem and the picture looked just fine. I
was able to run a gnome desktop and applications without any
problems. That is until about 5-10 minutes passed, when the entire system
locked up (not just the console, it fell of the network as well). I tried
a few more times, but whether I was in X or not, 5-10 minutes after
starting X for the first time, the system would lock up. If I was at the
console when it happened, there were no kernel messages.
	I then did some research and found that Intel had their own
version of the SVGA X server for this card. I downloaded it, and installed
it in place of Debian's SVGA X server. Once again started up X, once again
it appeared to work fine, and once again it would crash within 5-10
minutes.
	At this point, my only options appears to be to try a 2.4 kernel
and XFree86 4.0, but I am not too hopeful. Is there any one else out there
who have gotten the i810 AGP video card to work with potato, and if so,
how did you do it? Thanks in advance for any and all help!

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                    |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)   |
|   Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  |  http://www.rkirkpat.net/   |