Re: Installing Galeon on Potato

No dia 26/07/01, 13:00:13, dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> escreveu o seguinte sobre
o tema Re: Installing Galeon on Potato:

> On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 02:03:26PM +0100, Wayne Brown wrote:
> | Hi,
> | Can anyone help me with trying to get Galeon running on my Potato
system
> | please.
> | I have Mozilla from stable installed and do not have Gnome installed.
> | I noticed galeon is in unstable so I tried adding a line to my
> | /etc/apt/sources list
> | for unstable then did an apt-get update then an apt-get install galeon
but
> | it could not do it.
> | It said that certain files that were needed were not available.
> | What am I doing wrong?

> Galeon needs GNOME.  Check the dependencies list on
> packages.debian.org and download all the packages you need to meet
> those dependencies (be sure and check version numbers too).  Then use
> 'dpkg -i *.deb' in the directory you downloaded the packages to.

> HTH,
> -D
There's a problem with a library, I do't remember which one, that's no
the default one used in potato.
So I guess your question would be how to use __safely__ an application
with another library, without screwing up the old one.
Find out the library, I think it's a __real__ important one.
HTH.BR.
Henry