Re: LaTeX editor

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 11:57:35AM -0300, GARGIULO Eduardo INGDESI wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I was reading some messages from "TeX fonts" and "BibTex style" threads
> on this list, and I think perhaps someone can help me to configure an
> editor to write Tex docs. Currently I'm using raw vim, without any
> tex feature added!
>
> How can I configure vim (or other editor) to easy write TeX docs?

I am very happy with emacs+auctex+bibtex+reftex for this.  Here is the
code that I use in my .emacs file to turn on the bells and whistles:

;; Auctex mode
(require 'tex-site)
(setq TeX-auto-save t)
(setq TeX-parse-self t)
(setq-default TeX-master nil)
(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill)  ;if you want this
;; Reftex mode
(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'turn-on-reftex)
(setq reftex-plug-into-AUCTeX t)
(setq reftex-extra-bindings t)

If you are using a newer version of xemacs, you may need to put this in
~/.xemacs/init.el instead.

Mike