Re: ipchains rules: REJECT vs. DENY

hi ya

> >Moral of that story is to make sure that you either run an ident
> >server, or set it to REJECT.
>
> Well, I wouldn´t (and don´t) run identd, since I have no intention of
>  revealing the name of the user running a particular service (in

if one runs identd...  any incoming email address to "fake@yourdomain.com"
will get returned/bounced back to the sender as no such user...
( you see a log in maillog etc that they tried to send soemthing )

if you dont run identd... you receive and store that email addressed
to fake.... and bounced locally to root/postmaster as non-deliverable
locally ??

have fun linuxing
alvin
http://www.Linux-Sec.net