Why we need ident(d)?

After reding DENY/REJECT response as below, I have more question.

Can anyone elaborate more on what happens if ident is REJECTED?

If there is no negative to set ident to REJECT, I want to do it.

Any pointer to information is fine. Whan I set my firewall, I had to run
and open ident(d) because of this. (I set almost all ports to DENY.)

--
+  Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>, GnuPG-key: 1024D/D5DE453D  +