Re: IP Aliasing with /etc/network/interfaces

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, George wrote:

>Hi does anyone know how I can using ip aliasing with the
>/etc/network/interfaces (debian method). I could easily add another startup
>script with ifconfigs and routes, but that would be messy and uncalled for
>and I'm sure someone must have done it before and got it right. Nomatter
>what I've tried neither my pcmcia eth0 device is configured, (although the

/etc/network/interfaces gets processed before /etc/init.d/pcmcia.
Basically, your aliases never get configured because eth0 is not
recognized until after the configuration script is done.  Welcome to the
upside-down world of pcmcia and linux! I can't be of much help, as I've
never used PCMCIA myself, only helped friends and found out the ugly
truth.  Perhaps debian-laptop may have some better help WRT PCMCIA.

--
A computer without windoze is like a fish without a bicycle.
Who is John galt?  galt@inconnu.isu.edu, that's who.  Finger me for PGP