Re: Where do I find NAT for IPTABLES?

On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, Wayne Topa wrote:

> 	Subject: Where do I find NAT for IPTABLES?
> 	Date: Sun, Jul 22, 2001 at 01:43:23AM +0200

> Quoting Daniel Mashao(daniel@vitasat.ee.uct.ac.za):
> > Is it an option that I need to make a module or insert in the kernel? In
> > which part of the kernel setting is NAT mentioned? If all I want is just a
> #
> CONFIG_IP_NF_CONNTRACK=m
Should I make them modules? Can I have them in the kernel instead of
modules?

I have a problem with modules. My system puts them in
		/lib/modules/2.4.6/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/
Debian for some reason cannot find modules here. So I prefer putting stuff
in the kernel rather than as modules.

All I want is that my home PC would log into my work PC and be able to
surf the web for itself. Right now I can log into my work PC but I cannot
see anything further from there. I can ping my work PC and that is it.

Daniel J. Mashao
Electrical Engineering                    daniel@eng.uct.ac.za
University of Cape Town	       	          http://www.eleceng.uct.ac.za/~daniel
Rondebosch, 7700, S. Africa               (w) 021-6502816  (c) 082-928-3692