Re: disabling DELETE in potato's apache

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 06:01:03PM +0200, Martin F. Krafft wrote:
> hi all,
> how can i disable the DELETE command for all my virtual sites in
> apache?

typically, you wouldn't have to do anything, as DELETE is not
implemented in the core apache feature set. So, unless you have
compiled in or dynamically loaded and activated some module that
implements this HTTP method, there's nothing to worry about ;)

One module that implements it is "mod_put" -- for more info see

http://hpwww.ec-lyon.fr/~vincent/apache/mod_put.html

Another possibility would be to bind the DELETE method to some CGI
script via the "Script" directive of the module mod_actions (which is a
base module) -- but I guess you haven't done that either...

Also, "mod_dav" for WEBDAV (RFC 2518) support implements the DELETE
method:

http://www.webdav.org/mod_dav/

(I've heard rumors that there's a similar module "mod_webdav" (reported
to be by www.cyberteams.com), but I've never gotten hold of that one)

Cheers,

--
Erdmut Pfeifer
science+computing ag

-- Bugs come in through open windows. Keep Windows shut! --