woody became unusable - how to recover

Hi all,
I'm having a serious problem with my woody installation at home. The system freezed, and when I rebooted, fsck reported problems. I booted with rescue, fscked and now I have a very weird and unstable system:
symptoms:
I boots, ok, I login in X (kde2) but almost all programs cause segmentation faults, and programs may or may not work on an unknown (to me at least) pattern. ie: I su, dpkg --get-selections -> segmentation fault (yesterday) but today it was ok.
There were some kernel messages on a free page (sorry don't have it here).
Fortunatly, I have all data on separate partitions and also CDs.
but I don't want to reinstall because: 1) it's winnie stuff, and 2) recovering configuration takes some time NOTE: apt-get, dpkg, and dselect are badly broken (almost). Maybe I should reinstall them... how?

The question:
Is there any way I could reinstall programs without reconfiguration?
Isn't there something like apt-get reinstall-binaries (would be cool)

Well questions are not quite specific, I'd like to get any advice on how to recover the system without reinstalling...