Re: ssh restrictions - HOW TO

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 10:35:32AM -0400, Felipe Alvarez Harnecker wrote:

> i want to setup a restricted ssh acount in one machine. I took the
> PATH restriction aproach but it only works when the user actually
> logs in to the machine, but when he does
>
>  ssh user@machine some_command

Use the autorized_keys file on the server side. Place an entry in there
like to following:

command="some_command" X Y Z XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

where the X Y Z XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is the public key file for that user.
If they login now they can only do command some_command.

--
Mark Janssen                         Unix Consultant @ SyConOS IT
E-mail: maniac@markjanssen.nl              GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178