Re: Anyone got acroread working on potato?

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 01:16:15PM +1000, mdevin@ozemail.com.au wrote:
> Everytime I try to open a .pdf file with acroread it gives me the
> following error:
> Exited with error code: 0x400e0009.
>
> I am running potato and xpdf works OK - but it doesn't display the fonts
> in the .pdf file properly.
>
> Is there something wrong with acroread or my system?
>
> Thanks.
> Mark.

Hi, Mark.

With the caveat that I have a little _moral_ difficulty firing up an
Adobe product given the latest DMCA enforcement news ...

I am running an up-to-date potato and have never had any problem with
Acroread.  The Help - About box notes that the build is "x86 linux
stout0124 Jan 24 2000 15:00:03".

Sorry I can't help (beyond indicating that there is hope).  Maybe the
download was corrupted?  BTW, I installed the Debian acroread package.

- MikeT