Re: Can run testing with slow net connect?

"David A. Rogers" <darogers@xnet.com> writes:

> I've got a 56k modem on my home machine.  Is it feasible/reasonable for me
> to run testing on this machine?  I've got 2.2r2 CDs.  Any guesstimates as to
> how long it will take for the initial upgrade to testing?

Part of it depends on what you have installed and what will be upgraded (ie,
if you don't have X installed, then that won't be on the upgrade list) but I
did something like this myself recently from 2.2r2, and my estimated time was
12 hours.  (about 150 Mb) I just let it run overnight, and when I got up the
next morning, it was waiting there ready to ask me config questions.

Hope this helps,
Jeremy