Re: Email line-length defaults to about 76; how to increase?

also sprach Jameson C . Burt (on Sun, 22 Jul 2001 01:48:57PM -0400):
> My email lines get split after about 76 characters.
> How could I change this to something longer,
> or should email lines be split at 76 characters?

yes, that's sort of the standard. terminals are generally 80
characters wide, and the wrap at 76 allows for two quotations...

"in contrast to the what-you-see-is-what-you-get philosophy,
 unix is the you-asked-for-it,-you-got-it operating system."
                                                           --scott lee