Re: dselect trying to remove lots of stuff

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 04:14:07PM -0400, Anthony Fox wrote:
> KDE.  I don't want these packages to be removed.  Is there some way
> that I can make dselect forgot about previous selections?  That is, is
> there some way for dselect to just start over?

Not that I know too much about dselect, if you are still on "dselect"

R           "Revert! I did not mean it."
            Discard auto generated selections.
            Revert selection back to original.
D           "Damn it! I do not care what dselect thinks.  Just do it!"
            Discard auto generated selections.
            Set selections to directly requested state.

These works normally for me. (I bet you know this.)

If you have already executed selections,  dig into /var/lib/dpkg and make
"diff -u"s between archived "status".  Make apt-get scripts from it....

It should work, but I never done it.  Maybe smarter way exists :-).

I am not expert like you but this is how I understand system.

Debian packaging is very difficult for me so I made quick reference for
mu use.

  My debian quick-reference, http://www.aokiconsulting.com/quick/

(Outdated for make-kpkg/flavour thing though...)

Regards,

Osamu
--
+  Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>, GnuPG-key: 1024D/D5DE453D  +