Re: Where is the kernel source?

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Jor-el <jorel@marvin.megadodo.umb> wrote:

>	Thanks for the reply, but the package you mentioned doesnt contain
>the source either. Yes, I know I could get 2.2.18, but the point is that I
>want to get the source of the kernel that I installed from the Debian
>CDs. It seems to me that if I cant find the source to that anywhere, that
>would be a GPL violation (the binary distributor has to provide the source
>code).

Unless you're really after a licencing issue, try these:

	kernel-source-2.2.18
	kernel-patch-2.2.18-ide

or even better:

	kernel-source-2.2.19
	kernel-patch-2.2.19-ide

Don't forget to add some lines like the following to your
/etc/apt/sources.list:

deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian dists/proposed-updates/
deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian-non-US dists/proposed-updates/

HTH

--
Philipp Lehman <lehman@gmx.net>