Re: installing kernel-debs

j-j@gmx.de wrote:
>Hello list
>
>I have, in the last few weeks, compiled a lot of kernels (with
>make-kpkg)
>Well, I have installed these kernel-image-blah.deb's, but without
>removing the old ones. dpkg -l shows
>
>ii kernel-image-2. # <-- dpk -l does not show more of the package
>version

'COLUMNS=200 dpkg -l' (at least on unstable).

That's part of the package *name*, though, not the version. You can just
purge the old ones. The files won't have been overwritten, or at least
if they were you would have been warned about it at the time and can go
ahead and purge things now.

dselect will let you see the full names and will let you purge them
easily (hit '_').