Re: Real Player

* Jesper Holmberg (jesper.holmberg@enst-bretagne.fr) [010718 08:05]:
> I am trying to install Real Player, and I have downloaded the package
> from real.com. However, as I install the realplayer deb with:
>
> apt-get install realplayer
>
> it crashes after the first dialogue with this message:
>
> dpkg: error processing realplayer (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
>  realplayer

Is this the only error message you receive? Did the install process
ask where you downloaded the file from real.com? (IIRC, it looks for
/tmp/rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2_rpm and asks you where else it might
be if it doesn't find it.) Do you have any indication that it found
the package? Did you download the correct package? Try dpkg -p
realplayer to see the actual filename it's looking for.