RE:get ip from DHCP server

Phil Reardon writes:
 > Our mixed windows/linux network got a new router, and now we have
 > to get our ip addresses dynamically.  How do I set things up to use
 > dhcp during boot up?

Use dselect to grab one of the DHCP clients: dhclient and dhcpcd have
both worked for me (while pump hasn't).

If you have dhclient, you'll get a /etc/dhclient.conf file you can
edit, if needed (usually not).

If you have dhcpcd, there's a config file in /etc/dhcpc, where you can
do your configuration, if needed (usually not).

Then, in /etc/network/interfaces, just adjust the entry for whatever
interface you need; eg:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

Andrew.