Re: asp visual basic on linux

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 05:50:20PM -0500, Wayne Sitton wrote:
> Try chilisoft
>
> Wayne
>
> On Thursday 19 July 2001 15:48, Matt Fair wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I have some asp software that is written in visual basic.  All I have is
> > linux machines for servers and I do not want to get a windows machine just
> > to run this ASP application.  Is there a way were I could get this to work
> > on a apache and debian linux?
> > I have seen Apache::ASP, but I believe that is just for ASP applications
> > written in perl.
> > Ideas sugestions?
> > Thanks,
> > Matt

You might try asp2php, which is supposed to convert visual basic asp to
php.  My opinion is that php is superior to asp in almost every respect.
Depending on how much time you have, you could rewrite everything in php.
Or try asp2php, then go through and fix the things it doesn't know how to
convert.

In summary, I would say PHP is something to investigate if you have the
time.

Matt

--
Matt Garman, garman@uiuc.edu
"I'll tip my hat to the new constitution, Take a bow for the new revolution