Re: XF86Config-4 files for new Dell Inspiron 4000

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 03:30:07PM -0500, Carlo U. Segre wrote:

> This pertains primarily to the Progeny configuration of XFree86 4.0.x when
> run on a very recent (last few days) Dell Inspiron 4000 laptop.

I have the exact same laptop working happily with the 4.1 prerelease
available from the XSF courtesy of Branden:

http://people.debian.org/~branden/

I'm running unstable, but I figure it'll work on Progeny given who's
doing the packaging (worst case scenario, you spend half a day
recompiling).

I'd attach my XF86Config but the laptop is not currently network
accessible.  I had to manually adjust the available resolutions to get
it working in 1400x1050, but it runs happily at the moment.

I'll forward my config when I get home.

Now if only I got get S2D and DRI working properly.

--Andrew